Woke up late….I needa get it together! #overnightoats #almondbutter #cacaopowder
You know what’s more magical than a Studio Ghibli anime? Seeing them brought to life. That’s exactly what is happening in South Korea.
The Studio Ghibli exhibit is being held at the I’Park Mall in Seoul until March 1, 2015.
What?! Someone has to go to this with me!!!!!
Tumblr field trip~
THIS WAS THE FUNNIEST THING OF ALL THE SHOW
Do they ever take the mom to task for not teaching her Spanish though ? I mean her mom is there.
There was literally nothing funny about this though?
^^^^ that scene hits me right in the *assimilated* child of an immigrant feels. Cause so many parents don’t teach their kids their native tongues (for various reasons) and it hurts us. Especially when we try to connect with those parts of ourselves but other people delegitimize our identity because of a language barrier we are not responsible for.
And before a grade A piece of Shit decides to chime in with “teach yourself” :
1. learning a new language is incredibly hard especially without assistance.
2. Many of us don’t have easy access to quality language learning resources for our mother tongues.
3. In regards to colonized people, of the easily accessible resources, most of them are the European versions of the language and not the language of the people. Which means you end up sounding like a stranger.
So yeah, nothing is funny about this at all.
4. White people are rewarded for learning/speaking more than one language. People of color are ridiculed for that same thing, especially if it impacts any part of their English. A lot of migrant parents think they are protecting us when they don’t teach us our native languages; They think if we only learn English, if we don’t pick up their accent, we might have an easier time in this racist society. Unfortunately, they’re usually right.
5. Learning a new language, especially as an adult, is extremely difficult. Add to that learning disabilities, neuroatypicalities, poverty, lack of resources, lack of time, and it’s nearly impossible.
When my friend was in fourth grade her teacher asked for an example of irony, and she answered “Harry Potter searching for the final horcrux, but he is the final horcrux” and her teacher started screaming and said “I DIDN’T FINISH THE BOOK OH MY GOD!”
More importantly, this child was in the fourth grade when the final book came out. Let that sink in and then join me over in the cemetery where us olds belong.
Baby Otter vs. Stuffed Walrus
Jeong Ryeo Won: 1st Look, Vol. 64
**For more: Asia 24/7
One of my favorites among Korean actresses.
"you still there, bruh?"
"yeah, i’m still here."
Last year, 22-time Emmy award-winning reporter John Stofflet posted this news video he created for KING-TV in 2004, featuring Paul Smith and his artistic talents.
<3 aw this made me tear up :’)
A grape, wearing a raspberry.
I am froot.
if you dont have me on facebook you are probably not missing out on any posts but the comment section is important too lmao
I went to the Renaissance faire dressed as a warrior. I had a real sword with me, too. I was standing (in character) next to a sword-fighting ring, where kids of all ages got the chance to pick up a sword and challenge the champion. Some woman walks by, with her little girl. The girl starts walking towards the ring, saying she wants to fight. But the mom pulled her away hella sharply, and was like, “That’s for boys.” You don’t want to be a BOY, do you?” And the girl looked around and saw me. I think she thought I was a boy; I had my hair in a ponytail, and was wearing a hood. So she comes up to me and asks me, “Do you think girls can be fighters, too?” And her mom looks like she’s silently gloating. Like she thinks I’m going to say no. So I take off my hood, untie my hair so that it flows freely, and kneel before her. And I’m like, “Milady, anyone can be a fighter.” I swear, the look on that mother’s face made my day.
This post was good but then it got better